I Miss The 90's!On Saturday night I attended a campus event called Grand Pianos Live. I usually never go to events that aren't free, but when I saw that it was a tribute to the 90's, I was so. there. Even if it did cost $3. I actually happened to be wearing a 90's inspired outfit that day, and I fit right in with the fresh vibe of the music. I got a free glo-stick when I walked in and when I looked at the program I was happy to see that Wonderwall was on the program. That was basically my only expectation. Totally delivered before the show even started. Favorites of the night included: the prelude of 90's hits playing, one of the performers names was actually Zach Morris - no joke, a performance of Michael Bolton's Go The Distance, and a performance of Oasis's Wonderwall. I was shocked to hear no Nirvana, but all in all it was a wonderful evening full of inspiration. It got me thinking of the 90's. I thought I'd just remind myself of some of the things I miss.
In no particular order
and just to mention a few ->
1. Frutopia - What ever happened to this drink? There is no way it didn't have enough business with me on the loose.
2. Music - The music in general. Third Eye Blind, Soundgarden, Counting Crows, Spice Girls, The Cranberries, Sister Hazel, Beastie Boys, Robbie Williams, Sugar Ray, Sarah McLachlan, Toad and the Wet Sprocket, The Breeders, R.E.M., Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, The Verve, Smashing Pumpkins, TLC, Chili Peppers, and the list goes on and on.
3. Birkenstocks - I'd still rock a pair of these. I pulled this look off many times. Birkenstocks, sometimes with a pair of socks, plaid boxer looking shorts, and a tee.
4. Lisa Frank - Of course you had to have a Trapper Keeper to keep all of your Lisa Frank stationary in as well. Loved it. Still do. I currently have two Lisa Frank folders that I use for school.
5. Awesome TV Shows - Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, Bouncing Gummy Bears, Saved by the Bell, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Kids Incorporated, TGIF, Seinfeld, etc.
6. Overalls - More fashion. One strap down? Yeah, I totally did that sometimes.
7. Amazin' Fruits - Where did these go?! Best gummy bears ever. And they had the best commercials.
8. Fashion - Okay the fashion in general. I don't care what anybody says, the fashion was so great.
9. Stick-On Earrings - I loved these. Especially the hearts. I would still wear these actually.
10. MST3K - Myster Science Theater 3000. So funny. If you haven't experienced this, I'm sorry. Tom Servo has got it goin' on.
11. Top 20 countdown and TRL - My sister would tape MTV for me (on VHS of course) and I loved watching those shows. Back when Carson Daly was almost cool.
12. Clean Chick Flicks - Back when chick flicks were the best movies made, had zero nudity, zero sex scenes, and zero crude humor. Sleepless in Seattle, Sabrina, While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail, etc.
13. Looking like this and it being totally acceptable - I never did my hair. Thank you Marc Jacobs.
14. Making Mixed Tapes and Listening to Them in This Walkman - I loved doing this. I was so cool.
15. These boots - I loved these so much I had two pair. Seriously.
16. Suburbans - Ours was probably a product of the 80's, but these were popular and I loved this thing.
What do you miss about the 90's?