-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 21

Guess who got to see Ben Folds pound his keys in SLC?!?
ME!!!
And it rocked. Seriously. Rocked.

This guy has been on my bucket list for a while, so when I saw he was FINALLY touring in the States and would be in SLC I jumped at the chance and went with my sister, Kira. It was a ton of fun to hang with her and the concert totally delivered. I was stoked to hear so many of my favorite songs of his. And I was even more stoked to have him direct me and the rest of the audience. I've always wanted to be a part of that and now, I have been! And it was awesome. Here is a video of it that totally takes away from how cool it actually was, but that's okay.


Some of my faves that Ben graced us with:

Gone
Annie Waits
Still Fighting It
Gracie
Hiroshima
You Don't Know Me

Easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Also, who ever thought a Ke$ha song could ever be anything but total trash?
This was pretty funny:

6 love notes:

Austrie said...

alright, don't hate me for saying i've never listened to him before :/ haha i'm gonna have to check more of him out!

Tibi said...

was this the night your car had problems? sorry we weren't home to help you out - Jeff would have had you back on the road in no time. We were camping at Flaming Gorge with mom and dad, Brenda, Bruce and their families. Call next time you need help.

Kira said...

your car had problemos? Say what say what?!

Connie said...

So jealous... You guys have all the fun!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Single and LOVIN' IT ha ha I suck, I don't think I know any of the above songs...just the oldies like Brick and cold selfless, composed ...whatever the heck that song is, and mad angry dwarf and stuff, the oldies ha ha

which reminds me of a funny story...hey michaela, remember when we lived in the overton house and we piled in the Grand Prix and headed to church when on comes Ben Folds swearing up a storm with Andry Dwarf? ha ha dad and mom weren't even that mad, it was up loud too ha ha, they were just like "Nice Kira." ha ha

Michaela said...

Haha, I don't remember that! That is funny though! Okay, to Aus, check it out, but beware of the songs that cuss. To Tibi, Thank you! To Kira, Yeah.. had some troubles, but I'm a kind of big girl... ish. To Connie, you should be jealous, I'm sorry. To Lex, a lot of the songs on the list are on the same album as Brick and Angry Dwarf. And to all, it rocked.

Post a Comment